Time for the weekend update with Norm, err Sarah the Elven.
I'm turning into a zombie; a work zombie. Many people who work at a 8-5 office job are no longer alive. Their hearts are beating, but they are no longer experiencing life. The sit at their job a majority of their waking day, doing some redundant task that they do only because they need money to exist. They use this money to drive to work, buy food to exist, buy a tv since they are brain dead from working all day, pay medical bills, rent, etc. Basically they use the money to exist. Their free time consists of watching tv after work since they are too brain dead to do anything else. If not that it is doing maintanence tasks on their body, home, relationships, or other things they would rather not be doing. How many people stop on their way to work to kick back and enjoy the view of the mountains without worrying about being late (fired)? How many people hike through nature and take time to sketch a beautiful scene they see? How many people take time to learn new things everyday, outside of work, such as the history behind their religion? How many people enjoy their partners, enjoying learning to please them, enjoy holding them, enjoy the time they have to breath and exist? I don't want to spend the majority of my existance trapped in an office, doing redundant tasks, worrying about everything. I want an alternative.
There, that was my rant. Anyway I got to learn how to crimp cat5e unshielded twisted pair. That is the wire that connects computers into a network. I had never even seen it done before so I had to try to figure it out on my own when my client needed it done. I had no internet connection to research it, and it was a bit frustrating. First I tried stripping all the individual wires and trying to get them to stay in the end, but then I figured out that there is no way it would work. Finally I got a cable to work and was able to use it.
I worked about 10 hours this week, and all that money will go to paying for the speeding ticket I got on friday. That doesn't include my commute time, gas, food, etc. Ugh.
Has anyone heard the new song Game Over, by lil' flip? Are computer gaming nerds the model of hiphop music now? I've got nothing against them, and the song is a bit catchy, but it is very nerdy. I don't like nerdy rap. It is embarassing to be driving around town with the windows down and be blaring some remix from super mario brothers. Driving up next to an old man while some song is talking about fucking so many ho's, or a chick screming in exstacy isn't much better I admit. Let your pron be porn and your music be music.
Early monday morning I have the remainder of my wisdom teeth removed. That will keep me out a few days. Hope it goes well.
Now it's time for: Jack Handy's deep thought of the day.
Why do people eat fruit flavored ice creams such as peach or orange. I mean, if you are having a craving for fruit, wouldn't it be healther to eat a real fruit? When I eat ice cream I want to chocolate flavored with caramel and cookie dough. What's next, spinach ice cream?
Check out this cool ice sculpture from northern china:
Now for the day's comedy. I don't know who wrote this, but it is pretty funny.
How to be a modern republican
1. Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you're a conservative radio host. Then it's an illness and you need our prayers for your recovery. Today's blog spellchecked by: No One! Opps.
2. The United States should get out of the United Nations, but our highest national priority is enforcing U.N. resolutions against Iraq.
3. Government should relax regulation of Big Business and Big Money but crack down on individuals who use marijuana to relieve the pain of illness.
4. "Standing Tall" for America means firing your workers and moving their jobs to India.
5. A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multinational corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
6. Jesus loves you, and shares your hatred of homosexuals and Hillary Clinton.
7. The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches while slashing veterans' benefits and combat pay.
8. Group sex and drug use are degenerate sins unless you someday run for governor of California as a Republican.
9. If condoms are kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex.
10. A good way to fight terrorism is to belittle our longtime allies, then demand their cooperation and money.
11. HMOs and insurance companies have the interest of the public at heart.
12. Providing health care to all Iraqis is sound policy. Providing health care to all Americans is socialism.
13. Global warming and tobacco's link to cancer are junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.
14. Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him and a bad guy when Bush needed a "we can't find Bin Laden" diversion.
15. A president lying about an extramarital affair is an impeachable offense. A president lying to enlist support for a war in which thousands die is solid defense policy.
16. Government should limit itself to the powers named in the Constitution, which include banning gay marriages and censoring the Internet.
17. The public has a right to know about Hillary's cattle trades, but George Bush's driving record is none of our business.
18. You support states' rights, which means Attorney General John Ashcroft can tell states what local voter initiatives they have a right to adopt.
19. What Bill Clinton did in the 1960s is of vital national interest, but what Bush did in the 1980s is irrelevant.
20. Trade with Cuba is wrong because the country is communist, but trade with China and Vietnam is vital to a spirit of international harmony.